9th - 10th GRADES
SUNDAY'S at 9:30-10:15 AM - During School Year
(EYC Room in the basement of Lowndes Hall)
WHAT IS J2A?
J2A comprises the second two years of The Journey to Adulthood program. This segment teaches teens specific life skills necessary in adulthood. At the end of this segment, they plan and embark on a pilgrimage.
The goals of J2A are:
- To celebrate the transition from youth to adulthood.
- To train young people in the skills of adulthood.
- To explore the mystery of our faith heritage.
- To establish our experience in the strength of community and liturgy.
We accomplish these goals by listening carefully, building community and embarking on a serious study of:
- Sexuality …...in a Lighthearted Way.
In 2013, the J2A teens will travel on a Holy Pilgrimage to the heart of the Lakota Native American's sacred territory in South Dakota to spend a week exploring their Christian faith through the eyes of the Lakotas. They will raise the $12,000 necessary for this life-changing journey.
"We seek to be a centre of attentiveness to the living God and a place of challenge and reconciliation."
- St. Oswalds, Durham, England