9:30 AM Christian Formation--All Levels
Every Sunday, 9:30 AM - 10:15 AM
- Nursery is available for all children up to age 5.
- 3yrs to 4yrs: "Growing with God," St. Nicholas' Room, Lowndes Hall, Upstairs
- 5yrs to 2nd Grade: "Weaving God's Promises," St. Francis' Room, Lowndes Hall, Upstairs
- Grades 3-5, "Mustard Seed," St. Elizabeth's Room, Lowndes Hall, Downstairs
- Grades 6-8, "Rite 13," St. Clare's Room, Lowndes Hall, Downstairs
- Grades 9-12, "Journey 2 Adulthood," EYC Room, Lowndes Hall, Downstairs.
ADULT SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASSES
THE WAY OF LOVE, St. Catherine's Room, #1
Sundays 9:30-10:15 am, Jan. 6-May. 19
We are excited to announce our Spring 2019 Adult Sunday School class, which is designed around Presiding Bishop Michael Curry's “Way of Love".
Bishop Curry invites the whole church to take up the "Way of Love," a "rule of life" focused on practices for a Jesus-Centered Life.
- Turn: We will discuss what we need to do to "turn" towards and also what we need to "turn" away from as we grow in the "Way of Love."
- Learn: We will reflect on Scripture and how to expand its role in our lives.
- Pray: We will discover ways to be more present to God in our lives through prayer and contemplation.
- Worship: We will share communal worship practices that move us to encounter God and knot us into the Body of Christ.
- Speakers will help us with the "Bless" portion of the class, sharing their faith experiences so we can also bless others.
- For "GO," we will discuss how we can cross political, religious, and social boundaries to listen more deeply to each other.
- For Rest, we will learn how to make room for self-care and allow ourselves to receive the gift of God's peace and restoration.
Seekers and Newcomers. St. Sophia’s Room, #2
Sundays 9:00-10:15 am, Jan. 20-Apr. 28
Class Facilitators: Father Robert Pace, Mother Jill Walters
St. Andrew’s Seekers & Newcomers Class is for anyone seeking God, desiring to grow in the Christian faith, and wishing to grow more in this beautiful and deeply spiritual faith tradition. We are open to everyone, whether you are brand new to church or are a long-time member. This is a “come and explore” opportunity, with no obligations placed on anyone who attends. At the end of this class, you may wish to be confirmed, baptized, received, or reaffirmed in the church. This class relates to the Way of Love practices of “Worship,” “Learn,” and “Turn.” In Worship, we gather in community to dwell on God through our faith tradition. In Learn, we learn about our faith through Scripture and the Book of Common Prayer. In Turn, we pause, listen, and choose to follow Jesus.
Breakfast is provided in the Parish Hall before all
Sunday School Classes—come join us!
A Nursery and Children’s Sunday School classes are also provided during Adult Sunday School classes.
Rector’s Tuesday Noon Bible Study, St. Catherine’s, Main Floor Lowndes Hall
- Spring 2019 Study: The Gospel of Luke--Everybody is Welcome!
Black Belt Bible Study: 10:00 AM, Fridays, St. Gregory's Room, Main Floor, Lowndes Hall
- Spring 2019 Study: All Come!!
All classes will be held in Lowndes Hall Christian Education Building. Classrooms will be labeled with the name of the class being held there. We hope you will join us!